Here at Wedding Ideas HQ ultimately all we want is for you to have THE best wedding of your life, with as little (no) stress as possible… So to help you get one step closer to achieving that, I’ve put together a ‘shot list’ of 20 must have wedding photos, which you can send right on over to your photographer today.
Obviously there will be others depending on the kind of day you’re having, and any little unique details you’ve added yourself, but this is my one-stop guide to all things photography.
So here we go, my ultimate list and a beautiful selection of images taken from Freddie and James’ wedding last year, to illustrate the above. Enjoy. All images courtesy of
- A gorgeous outside shot of your venue – you picked it because it was pretty, right? So show it off!
- Bride’s details: We class this as your shoes, jewellery, perfume and gifts for your best girls
- Bride getting ready: Hair and makeup
- Bridal party getting ready (giving bridesmaids gifts)
- Putting THE dress on
- Ceremony entertainment (String quartet, live band, pianist etc)
- Bridal party all dressed up in their finery
- Bride’s arrival (This is your moment – don’t rush. Savour every sweet second!)
- Your first kiss as a married couple (Wahay!)
- Group shot of the bridal party and all the guests
- Guests mingling at the drinks reception
- Reception tables (You want to remember them when they looked all neat and beautiful – before everyone came along and, let’s be honest, messed them up!)
- Table plan – A good way of remembering everyone who attended, and a lovely look at your stationery
- The cake. Yum yum
- A good full-length couple shot
- The speeches (Grooms, best man’s, Dad’s and your’s – if you decide to give one)
- Cupcakes, sweets, favours, cameras etc all the little details that made your party fun. This could include other forms of entertainment like a Groovybooth or band
- Cutting the cake
- Finally your first dance and of course the P.A.R.T.Y…..
So there you have it… your wedding in pictures from start to finish!