For centuries, couples have been choosing Gretna as the perfect place to married, and this month, we’ve teamed up with the beautiful Gables Hotel to give one couple the chance to win their wedding there!
Gretna is famous for its weddings (the village hosts 5,000 ceremonies every year!) making it a super romantic location for your big day – and what better choice of venue than The Gables Hotel?
A delightful Grade-II listed property built around the turn of the century, The Gables Hotel is one of the most popular wedding venues in Gretna. With a choice of four private reception rooms, classically decorated bedrooms and a restaurant serving traditional Scottish food with a modern twist, this family run hotel is the ideal location for the perfect wedding.
From small, intimate affairs to larger celebrations for the whole family, weddings at The Gables Hotel couldn’t be easier. The Gables team are dedicated to providing an attentive, warm and welcoming service to ensure that you feel relaxed and enjoy your day – their abundance of experience in planning the ideal wedding day means that no request is too big and nothing is too much trouble!
Couples can marry in the hotel or at nearby Anvil Hall, a stunning converted church where ceremonies take place by candlelight for a traditional feel.
Visit gables-hotel-gretna.co.uk or read on to find out how you could win this fab prize…
A mid-week (Sunday through to Thursday) wedding for 20 people, including the happy couple, in a private room. The package includes:
- Wedding planner
- 3 course meal and 4 drinks
- Master of Ceremony
- Wedding tables dressed with white linen table cloths, napkins, and oil lanterns
- 10″ wedding cake
- Hair and make-up for bride and maid of honour
- Bride’s bouquet and groom’s buttonhole
- Wedding photographer and seventeen 8″x10″ photos in a display album
- Traditional Scottish piper
- Candy cart
- Wedding at Anvil Hall (if required) including transport for the bride and groom
- 2 night stay in the Ailsa Suite for the happy couple, including use of bathrobes, bottle of champagne and handmade chocolates
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question…
How many wedding ceremonies does Gretna host a year?
Terms and conditions
• Closing date for entries is 29th September 2015 • Subject to availability • Minimum 3 months notice required of booking • Third party suppliers subject to availability • Prize winner must be a genuine bride-to-be • Prize must be booked and the wedding taken place by 30th September 2016 • No cash or prize alternative • Registry, registrar or minister fees are NOT included but best available rates will be available subject to availability • If you do not wish to receive further information from The Gables Hotel, please make this clear on your entry • Full terms and conditions are available here •