Château La Valouze is a magnificent venue, and this month we’ve teamed up with this stunning location to give you the chance to win your wedding there!
Follow its sweeping driveway through the landscaped grounds and you arrive at the ascending steps and stately period doorway. Full of prestige, Château De La Valouze is fascinating in style – making it a truly enchanting setting. The Château boasts an impressive façade and stylish historic interior, the grand hall is complemented by a network of adjoining staterooms and art deco style. Nestled in a secluded setting, it’s a spectacular venue that will suit a couple looking for a majestic and unforgettable wedding venue steeped in history, character and grandeur. And it could be you!
Boasting 75 acres of woodland, three lakes, two tennis courts and a swimming pool, your wedding party will have plenty of space to roam the tranquil grounds. The interior salle de reception can welcome up to 80 guests, but this rises to 150 if the other internal spaces are used. Anything’s possible, though – from the smallest and most intimate of ceremonies and celebrations, to grand black tie dinner and dances, the Château is renowned for working with you as a couple to create the day of your dreams.
There are 16 bedrooms, which can accommodate 36 people, with the majority having en suite bathrooms. In addition, an external three bedroom house has recently been renovated to a very high standard, situated next to the conference centre, it overlooks the gorgeous Château. After your wedding ceremony, your guests could enjoy drinks and canapés in the Conservatory, Winter Garden and Terrace, overlooking the beautifully landscaped grounds. There are many spots in which you and your guests can relax, sipping your champagne while you have your photographs taken.
The traditional French jazz bar sits in the basement, and is perfect for those late drinks. Wild deer roam in the enchanted bamboo forest situated close to one of the lakes. The Château’s grounds are perfect for strolling around. The Château is also used for upmarket health retreats, pre-wedding detox breaks, and for corporate conferences. Bridal retreats are perfect for those looking to shed a few pounds, de-stress preparing you and your bridal party for the big day and also available on request.
Treatments are available from the highly trained and experienced therapists. Book into the treatment rooms for a full body massage, to energise the body, or pamper yourself with a body wrap or a facial to leave your complexion smooth and luminous. Check out DBC Health Retreat for more information.
The team at Château de La Valouze are there to provide an exceptional personal service, to make your day truly memorable. La Roche-Chalais is situated in the Dordogne in the south west of France. From there you can visit some of France’s beautiful villages, Aubeterre- sur-Dronne is just 18km from the Château as well as the beautiful heritage site of Saint Emillion.
- Three double bedrooms in the house in the grounds for one night. Extra rooms in the Château are available for an additional cost
- Exclusive use of Château De La Valouze
- Use of the stunning conference building for your civil wedding ceremony, which is licensed to hold 80 guests
- Large candles for use in the entrance staircase to the Château
- Dance floor for your evening party
- Bar set up for your guests – cash or account
- Ample car parking in the Courtyard for guests
- Mandatory-on-the-day Wedding Venue Coordinator – £1,500 per day
- Optional extras can be provided upon request
- Additional nights / rooms on site
- Food and beverages
- Photographers and video
- Flowers and decoration
- Decorative lighting
- Travel to and from location
- Event insurance
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question…
How many bedrooms does the Château have?
Terms and conditions
• Closing date for entries is 22nd December 2015 • Subject to availability and excludes bank holidays • Winners must be over 18 years of age • The prize is to be taken between 10th January and 15th May 2016 • Prize winner must be a genuine bride-to-be • No cash or prize alternative is available • The prize is non-transferable • Prize is strictly not for resale • Bar will be open during the event and by negotiation at other times • Supply of wine and drinks for the event and catering services by separate negotiation • The winner(s) agree to the use of their name, photograph and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by DBC Health relating to any post winning publicity • All competition entrants information will always be safeguarded under the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act • Please see our full terms and conditions are available here •