This month, we are giving you the chance to win a breathtaking honeymoon in the Maldives! For the past 15 years, honeymooners in search of white-washed sand and turquoise waters have chosen the boutique island-resort, Angsana Ihuru in the Maldives. With thatched villas fringed by swaying palms set along a pristine beachfront; a marine-rich reef just a stone’s throw from the shore; an outstanding spa; and unforgettable destination dining experiences, this picture-perfect resort continues to offer a castaway-chic experience for couples.
Located 20 minutes by speedboat from Malé International Airport, Angsana Ihuru is home to 45 beachfront villas dotting the circumference of the coral island, each offering its own spectacular view of the ocean and an outdoor shower set in the quiet of a private garden. Hidden among vibrant greenery, the thatched-roof tops and traditional Maldivian swings in the gardens add a rustic touch to the modern contemporary décor of colourful artwork and wicker lampshades.
During their stay at Angsana Ihuru, couples can choose from extraordinary destination dining experiences for an extra special evening. From a lavish lobster barbeque on the beach, canapés and champagne on a sunset cruise, a sumptuous three-course dinner on a secluded sandbank or an intimate dinner in the privacy of a villa, Angsana Ihuru’s talented team of chefs and villa hosts are on hand to create unforgettable dining experiences for honeymooners.
In addition, Angsana Ihuru is home to a relaxed restaurant, Riveli, serving Asian and Mediterranean cuisine and the Velaavani Bar for cocktails at sunset. The signature cocktail is the refreshing Ihuru Breeze. A punchy blend of tropical fruit, it’s best enjoyed overlooking the shimmering lagoon at Velaavani bar, as the sun dips below the horizon.
Couples looking to immerse themselves in complete relaxation can experience treatments using native flowers and fruits at Angsana Spa Ihuru. Each body polish and conditioner is blended before each treatment, using fresh local ingredients. Angsana Spa Ihuru’s signature treatment, the Sun Balm, is perfect after an exciting whirl of sun-soaked activities. Sun-kissed skin will be soothed with a 60-minute cucumber body conditioner followed by a 60 minute facial to keep skin silky-smooth and hydrated.
Home to one of the most pristine reefs in the Maldives, with easy access to a multitude of vibrant dive sites, Angsana Ihuru is the ideal base for adventurous couples who love to dive or snorkel. Home to more than 150 species of fish, as well as turtles, rays, sharks, a kaleidoscope of corals and the resort’s famed Rannamaari shipwreck – less than 100 meters from the beach, Angsana Ihuru’s house reef is considered to be the best in the Maldives. With the first Marine Laboratory funded by a resort in the Maldives on the island, Angsana Ihuru is dedicated to protecting its pristine marine life. Couples can play a part by attending marine biology sessions, exploring the coral reefs on a guided snorkeling safari or assisting with the resort’s turtle rehabilitation programme.
Angsana Ihuru is ideally placed for honeymooners looking to venture further afield. Couples can speed across the ocean waves to the main capital of Malé and discover the market, National Museum and heritage mosques with a native guide, go island hopping and enjoy a picnic on the white sands of a deserted island, or visit local islands to pick up handicrafts and discover how islanders live.
• Five nights in a luxury Beachfront Villa at Angsana Ihuru
• On a half board basis (excludes alcoholic drinks)
• Return speedboat transfers to and from Malé International Airport
• Valid for travel between 20 January 2016 and 20 January 2017, (excluding 27 December 2016 – 3 January 2017)
• Total prize value of £3,200
• Terms & conditions apply
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question…
How many species of fish have made Angsana Ihuru their home?
Terms and conditions
• Closing date for entries is 16th February 2016 • Valid for travel between 20th January 2016 and 20 January 2017, (excluding 27 December 2016 – 3 January 2017) • Subject to availability at time of booking, the prize is for two people sharing accommodation over five consecutive nights • The original prize voucher is to be presented to the hotel on check-in (stolen, lost or photocopied vouchers will not be accepted) • The prize is to be booked by the winner directly with Angsana Ihuru and cannot be booked through third party suppliers, tour operators, travel agents or airlines • The prize validity dates cannot be extended • Any additional costs to be paid for by the winner at their own expense • Flights are not included • No cash or prize alternative is available • The prize is non-transferable • Prize is strictly not for resale • If you do not wish to receive further information from The Wedding Emporium, please make this clear on your entry • Please see our full terms and conditions are available here •