If there are two things that our brides tell us time and time again, it’s what we’re about to say next. Your wedding day will be a happy, hazy blur and you’ll regret spending so long stressing during the planning.
With this in mind, we’ve put our thinking hats on and turned to our real couples to come up with ten ways you can make the most of the run up to your wedding day. Make magical memories during your wedding countdown and your happy wedding blur will last that little bit longer.
10. Don’t limit wedding parties to the reception! Get your best girls over a few times in the run up to your big day for some wedding related fun. You could make your invitations, craft your decorations or put together a wedding playlist together, all over some wine and nibbles, of course.
9. Take time to enjoy dress shopping. You don’t have to find your dream dress the first time around. In fact, most of our brides try on lots of gowns before they finally make their minds up. Try to relax and enjoy it, because when will you ever get to wear so many pretty dresses again?!
8. Add a bottle of bubbly and some nice chocolates to the less appealing tasks, like designing (and then redesigning) your seating plans, to transform them from dreaded to delightful.
7. You’re probably scrapbooking your ideas, but are you scrapbooking your planning? Tear out pictures of your venue, glue in leaflets and jot down little notes. All of these details will help you to look back and cherish every minute, from the proposal to the “I dos” and everything in between.
6. Involve the people who matter most to you. Include tokens towards people who can’t be with you; take family or friends with you to meet the florist; attend a wedding fair or explore your venue together. You’ll feel supported and surrounded by love, just as you should do as you prepare to tie the knot!
5. Make time for your fiancé! However you’re approaching wedding planning, it’s important to take time to do things together. These should be both wedding and non-wedding related, so for every few nights of wedding planning, have a date night instead. These wedding planning apps will make your lives easier.
4. Team W. Forget making the A team – on your big day it’s the W team you’ll be wishing for. Get a group together before the big day and brief them on their duties, whether that’s greeting guests or decorating the venue, to take some of the pressure off you.
3. Girls allowed! The day and night before your wedding make things girls or guys only. Ladies can enjoy a day of pampering together, whether at the spa, using facemasks at home, or having your nails done. It’ll be a lovely, relaxing and luxurious way to spend your final single hours.
2. Plan pauses on your wedding morning. With the rush to get ready with lots of hair and makeup to be done, not to mention dresses to put on, it can easily fly by. Give yourself time to open gifts, flick through a photo album or simply reminisce. You’ll be glad you did.
1. This one might be for the big day itself, but it matters! Lots of our real couples recommend taking time out during your reception to step back and watch your guests having fun. It might sound silly because you have just got married, but you’ll appreciate a few intimate moments alone together with your new spouse, too.