Your bridesmaids are your secret weapons when it comes to planning your big day. We’ve made a fab wedding checklist that your bridesmaids should follow during the planning stages of your wedding.
Be kind to your bridesmaids, and they’ll be kind to you in return. They are an essential part of your wedding day, and there a number of ways in which you can make their day special, too. Here are a few key things to add to their wedding checklist.
- Help the chief bridesmaid to organise the hen party
- Attend all wedding-related parties, rehearsals and shopping trips. It’s a hard life…
- Organise and attend all of the bridesmaid dress fittings
- Taking an interest in the details, and helping with the main wedding checklist where possible
- Keeping a stash of useful things for the bride throughout the day
- Arrive early for the ceremony
- Take charge of the bride’s bouquet at the altar
- Helping the bride into the car when she leaves for the reception
- Chatting to all of the guests; making sure that everyone is having fun
- Forming part of the receiving line
Dos and don’ts for your bridemaids
- DO find an outfit that they love
- DO find a matching or complementary colour scheme for all of the attendants
- DO let the bridesmaids have a say in what they wear
- DO pick dresses that flatter individual figures. They don’t all need to be the same style, just co-ordinated colours and fabrics
- DO remember to buy your bridesmaids gifts to say thank you
- DON’T Try to make a fashion statement with your bridesmaid dresses – you’ll cringe at the photos in years to come
- DON’T have too many bridesmaids. Stick to friends you know will be around forever
- DON’T let your wedding be the first time that your bridesmaids have met each other. It’s much better if they are already a strong team
- DON’T think you have to have little bridesmaids if you don’t want to
- DON’T feel obliged to have any particular bridesmaids. It’s your day and your choice.