Our favourite baking duo Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood are finally back on our TV screens for the rest of the summer, showcasing moist sponges and tasty delights. And what better way to celebrate than with a summery Bakewell Tart recipe?
Not only is this pudding super yummy, it would be a perfect addition to a dessert table at your wedding… no soggy bottoms though please.
3 tablespoons of Duerr’s raspberry jam
150g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 egg yolk
150g ground almonds
1 lemon, zested
1 tablespoon flaked almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 160’C fan, 180’C conventional, gas mark 4.
2) Make the pastry, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
3) Roll the pastry out to 3mm thickness and line a 3.5cm deep, fluted tin.
4) Bake blind for 15 minutes, brush with egg white, cook for a further 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
5) Cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add the eggs and yolk, then stir in the ground almonds and lemon zest.
6) Spread the jam over the cooked pastry base, then spoon the almond mixture on top. Smooth out and level.
7) Scatter with the flaked almonds and cover loosely with foil.
8) Bake for 25 minutes at 170’C. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes.
This yummy treat will be is perfect for an afternoon-tea themed wedding, and is delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream! If you’re a fan of the Bake Off or you’re looking for some wedding food inspiration, why not check out the rest of Duerr’s delicious recipes here!