With international travel still proving a sticking point for many newlyweds and weds-to-be, many are turning to these top UK honeymoon destinations for their post-wedding retreat.
With many brides-to-be longing for a romantic break after the year we’ve all had, and with so many fantastic destinations around the UK, it’s no surprise that newlyweds at home and abroad have been thinking about honeymooning in the UK. Looking at searches from around the world for 2020, Flowercard able to find the most desired honeymoon destinations in the UK.
You may or may not be surprised to see the capital taking the top spot, followed by two of the best-known beauty spots in the country, Cornwall and the Lake District.
The Top 10 UK honeymoon destinations
- London – 6,360 searches
- Cornwall – 3,650 searches
- Lake District – 3,450 searches
- Bath – 1,890 searches
- Edinburgh – 1,120 searches
- The Cotswolds – 630 searches
- Isle of Skye – 630 searches
- Devon – 560 searches
- Orkney – 400 searches
- Brighton – 320 searches
- Isle of Wight – 320 searches
The UK honeymoon destinations rising in popularity
- Bath – 61.54% year on year increase
- Birmingham – 57.14% year on year increase
- St Ives – 50.00% year on year increase
- The Cotswolds – 36.96% year on year increase
- Devon – 33.33% year on year increase
- Cornwall – 30.82% year on year increase
- Cambridge – 25.00% year on year increase
- Loch Lomond – 16.67% year on year increase
- Snowdonia – 16.67% year on year increase
- Brighton – 14.29% year on year increase
- 14 Ways to Prep for Your Wedding at Home
- The Best Long-Haul Honeymoon Destinations
- Everything you Need to Know About Having a Micro-Wedding
Want more wedding information and inspiration? Just hit ‘Like’ on our Wedding Ideas Facebook page, and ‘Follow’ on our @wimagazine Twitter account. To join in the conversation, share your stories here.