Paresa Resort Phuket picked up the award for the Best Wedding Venue in Thailand at this year’s World Luxury Boutique awards, and now the resort’s expert wedding planners have put together a list of top tips to make sure couples looking to tie the knot in Thailand have the perfect day.
Translated as ‘Heaven of all Heavens’ in Sanskrit, Paresa’s romantic hideaway is surrounded by lush tropical virgin forest, built into the cliffs of Kamala on Phuket’s exclusive ‘millionaires’ mile. It makes a superb setting for a wedding with its breathtaking views out over the azure waters of the Andaman Sea. Couples wishing to tie the knot can choose from a variety of locations within and around the resort for their wedding as well as a range of ceremonies, including one conducted by a celebrant or a more religious service. The choice of settings ranges from the informality of a barefoot beach front ceremony at Hua Beach to the stunning sunset garden setting of the ‘Miracle Lawn’ or the spectacularly modern Villa Amanzi with headland views over the Andaman Sea!
10 TOP TIPS
Planning an overseas wedding involves a little extra thought, and Paresa’s dedicated events team has come up with a list of their top tips to ensure everything is perfect from start to finish:
- Always use a reputable wedding planner (Paresa offers a bespoke service) and get references and testimonials first.
2. Brides should opt for flat shoes or sandals, rather than high heels, and gents might be more comfortable in open shoes that can easily be removed (no socks!)
3. Choose your gown wisely, as temperatures are likely to be around 35 degrees Celsius
4. Similarly, gents don’t need to bother with jackets and ties – the groom and his mates will look great in light linen outfits
5. Choose your hair, makeup and photographer very carefully (again bearing in mind the climate) and ask for samples and images of previous weddings
6. Keep the wedding party small – 40 to 60 people is perfect!
7. Choose your location, resort and venue very carefully (Paresa is of course perfect!)
8. Find out details of nearby hotels to suit a range of budgets for your guests, preferably within walking distance of the wedding venue
9. Opt for fresh cocktails with local ingredients (why not try a lemongrass mojito?) and local cuisine. A buffet is the way to go in Thailand, all fresh with live cooking stations
10. Choose local flowers – in Thailand we have beautiful orchids and lotus flowers. Local is always fresher and normally cheaper as traditional Western flowers like roses have to be imported.
See more on this beautiful resort and reviews on Trip Advisor from couples who have tried and tested!