Courgettes and raspberries don’t seem like a winning combination, but just wait until you try it!
“Courgettes and raspberries don’t necessarily sound like a winning combination, but after just one bite, people are quick to agree that it’s a match made in heaven,” says Ben Purton, Executive Head Chef of One Twenty One Two at The Royal Horseguards Hotel in London. “That’s just one of the quirky wedding canapé ideas we’ve come up with at The Royal Horseguards. In fact, we can create a bespoke menu to suit any wedding theme. Our canapés never fail to impress and I would encourage anyone with an upcoming big day to pop by the hotel for a taste of what we can do!”
Ben’s favourite canapé combos!
- Scottish smoked salmon with crème fraiche, caviar and dill
- Seared scallops with a slightly spiced mango salsa
- Tomato and mozzarella skewers
- Asparagus (when in season) with creamed goats cheese
- Cumbrian dried ham with rocket, sun-dried tomatoes and Sussex charmer cheese
- Creamed goats cheese flavoured with honey and black pepper, served in a sesame cone and topped with a rye and pistachio crumble
- Grilled aubergine filled with rocket, oven dried tomato and Sussex Charmer cheese
- Spiced plum chutney and Somerset brie tarts
- Wild mushroom risotto with parmesan and popping candy
- Goujons of sole in a tartare batter
Sweet treats for your guests
If your guests have a sweet tooth, maybe you could give them boxes of macaroons or assorted cupcakes as their favours or take-home treats!
About Twenty One Two
One Twenty One Two has been awarded an AA Rosette and has won numerous awards for its cuisine, which features classic continental dishes prepared with the finest British-produced artisan ingredients. For more information about One Twenty One Two, or to find out more about holding your big day at this amazing venue, which we recently chose for an exclusive Wedding Ideas reader event, visit www.theroyalhorseguards.com