Beautiful proposal destinations are becoming the hot new trend thanks to social media
As if we needed more reason to believe social media is taking over our lives; it turns out that it’s impacting how and where we get engaged, too.
Yes – thanks to the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, beautiful proposal destinations are becoming the hot new trend, with more and more couples opting for somewhere that looks great in photos, such as St Tropez, Rhodes and Rome.
The research, which comes from boat rental website Click&Boat, was found in booking data from over the last three years, and revealed that a significant number of summer bookings had been for engagements. Proposal bookings have in fact doubled between 2016 and 2018, with the UK and Europe leading the trend.
Some couples have even shared with the site that they were looking to hire a yacht as they wanted to have the most awe-inspiring setting for their engagement, rather than somewhere cold, dull and grey.
So where are the best proposal destinations?
- Greek Islands, such as Santorini and Rhodes
- Croatia, including Visa and Korcula
- Italy, with the likes of Venice, Rome and Sardinia leading the trend
- France, including Paris, Nice and St Tropez
- Spain, with Ibiza considered the ‘engagement love island’ of the Balearics