Mother of the bride (or groom)? With wedding season around the corner now is the time to ensure you’re ready for all the biggest social events of the Spring/Summer, especially if it’s your very own son or daughter who will be walking down the aisle to say “I do”!
Here, Look Fabulous Forever Founder, and popular beauty vlogger, Tricia Cusden, shares her top tips for how to perfect your look for the very special day.
helenliskphotography.co.uk + helenrussellphotography.co.uk
- Take time and effort to work on your wedding make-up; don’t climb out of shower and apply your make-up on to a hot damp face.
- Use face primer to on top of your moisturiser to smooth the skin and ensure your make-up lasts all day and evening.
- Use a brush to apply your foundation and ensure even blending, and make sure you don’t choose products with SPF in, as this results in flash-back in photos.
- Apply a small amount of foundation to your ears in order to match your face colour, especially if you plan to wear your hair up.
- Use concealer in the inner corners of your eye lid, which can naturally start to look blue when you get older.
- When adding definition to your brows ensure you shape them with a thicker application on the inner corners of the brows where they are naturally fuller, in order to frame your face.
- You will be able to add definition and shape to the face by using a subtle contouring technique. Use highlighter on the tops of the cheek and brow bones, blusher on the cheeks and a bronzer lightly swept onto the outer edges of the face and below the chin.
- Use an eye primer to cover any discolouration on the lid and smooth it prior to adding shadows. Choose matte shadows which are more flattering on an older eyelid and blend well so that there are no hard edges.
- Use a darker shadow and a small wedge brush to apply a soft line along the upper and lower lash line.
- When applying mascara, apply a few coats to both the upper and lower lashes to make your eyes look bigger.
- To create a wow-effect with your lip colour, firstly apply a lip primer to prevent feathering and bleeding. Then shape your lips with lip liner, then fill in the rest of the lips with the same liner. Now apply lipstick over the top of this to add impact. When applying lipstick, use a brush as this will give a professional finish that will last longer and apply two or three coats, blotting on a tissue each time.
The Mother of the Bride or Groom Collection is available from www.lookfabulousforever.com for the limited edition price of £185