What should you be doing in the last few exciting hours before the big day? Here are our 10 top tips for last-minute wedding planning…
- Start writing out thank you cards for presents as you receive them
- Organise your honeymoon essentials – passports, tickets, travel money
- Buy any last-minute details
- Check on final payments for suppliers. How do they need these? Cash? Cheque? On the day or before? If they do require payment on the day, put the cash in an envelope and ask your mum or chief bridesmaid to take care of this on the day
- Put together a Bridal Bag! Lipstick, deodorant, face wipes, Rescue Remedy, tissues, perfume, eyeliner, hairspray and dry shampoo, mints, safety pins, sewing kit, list of phone numbers for suppliers, eye drops, paracetamol
- Make sure you have your something old, new, borrowed and blue!
- Put all your accessories in one place
- Have a trying on session. Organise a dress rehearsal with your bridesmaids to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything, and get the men to do the same!
- Make a list of duties for the main members of the wedding party and the tasks you expect them to perform
- Make sure you have bought your bridesmaids’ gifts and organised a thank you gift for the mums. These are usually handed out by the best man during his speech.
Continue reading below…