We talk to 2 of our past real brides and ask them “If I could do it all again, what would I do differently?”
Helen, reflects on her mid-summer celebration back in 2009…
- North Western award-winning hairdresser Matt Cox did my hair and I would definitely use him again. At the consultation, we discussed ideas and Matt drew a style he thought would suit my dress and wedding theme. It was perfect; a hair piece in a chic, low, wide chignon, with pearls woven through the back – just what I had imagined.
- I am still totally and utterly in love with my Pronovias Rapsodia dress! It was stylish, romantic and fun; and I felt like a true bride in it.
- One Sunday afternoon, two months after the wedding, we hired a local cinema (a 1920s hidden gem in Liverpool) to ‘premiere’ our wedding DVD to all of our guests. It certainly was a stylish way to wrap up the wedding… and we got to be the stars of the show twice!
- We used an entertainments agency to source all three musicians and acts for the day and each one was perfect for each segment.
- I regret not getting the dress cleaned and boxed straight away.
- I missed sampling any of the cake and should’ve requested to keep some back for breakfast!
- I would still hire a toastmaster. He set the tone for the speeches perfectly and they were a highlight of the day.
- I decided against bridal preparation photographs and video footage but, in hindsight, I wish I had captured what was the perfect family morning.
- I wish I’d started writing my blog Bespoken Dreams during the wedding planning. It would have been the perfect keepsake.
Nearly a year on from her big day, real bride Hayley thinks ‘if i could do it all again’…
- I would still get married in the Orangery at St Audries – it was a stunning setting that I will never forget.
- I wish we had bought our own video camera so the guests could record messages and capture more of the day.
- I would still have a cupcake wedding cake! It was so nice for each guest to have one each. It worked out cheaper and meant that less cake went to waste.
- I’m glad the bridal party stayed at St Audries the night before the wedding – it was great to spend time with my family before the big day.
- We shouldn’t have paid out so much for the evening buffet, I’m sure half of it got thrown away!
- We loved our photographer – a rising star at the time – he was very creative and professional, but we got him at an incredible price.
- I wish I had gone for short bridesmaids’ dresses – they were stunning but will probably never be worn again.
- I’m glad we bought the Mums jewellery rather than flowers as their thank you gift.
- I’m pleased we wrote a list of all our favourite songs to be played at the evening disco, it made it more personal to us.
- I wish Matt and I had, had a picture taken with his Mum and Did.
- I wish we had invited more guests to the evening celebrations!
Continue reading below…