Letter to the Editor
FAO: Rachel Morgan
From: Ian Stuart
Hope you are well! I can’t believe it’s already one month since the Wedding Ideas Awards… it feels like yesterday!
Winning the award for best Mother of the Bride collection was a complete surprise! When you’re in a final line up of such important labels, it’s hard to believe that you would ever win. We feel very honoured and proud, mainly due to the fact that the special occasion and mother of the bride label is only three years old. We have really tried to visit many shops and study ‘real’ women’s figures, and try to understand what they like and dislike… I think a designer listening to feedback is the key to their success, and we believe we have done just that.
The ceremony itself was so beautiful, meticulous and polished, you really know how to create the best event ever!
Right now at Ian Stuart, we’re working on two collections, our Autumn Winter special occasion and Mother of the Bride and also the new Bridal collection which we will present in May. It’s a really busy time with fittings, shows, music… ahh!
For 2012, we are planning for our international catwalk show in both Milan and for the first time, in New York in October – we can’t wait!
PS, I attached a couple of sketches for you!!
Speak to you soon,
I love getting messages like this from designers… so sweet! For our real brides who want to stand out from the crowd, an Ian Stuart gown is a must. His signature style is voluminous skirts, funky floral details and frothy boleros and his current dress collection, Killer Queen, doesn’t disappoint.
I love spotting his dresses in our Real Wedding section. Brides always say how confident his dresses make them feel, and that’s just incredible – something money can’t buy. Take a look at some of my favourites, don’t they look amazing?
Ian’s 5 top tips for choosing the perfect wedding dress
- Remember that it’s your wedding. Take advice from family and friends but don’t be overly influenced by them.
- Choose a bridal salon with a good reputation for quality and customer service and go armed with ideas and a scrapbook of favourite images from magazines.
- If you’re dark skinned or tanned, opt for cooler shades like opaque white, pale ivory, ice blue and blush pink. Warmer hues such as rich ivories, pale gol, rose and spicier tones suit fairer skins.
- In you fall in love with one of our gowns but would prefer a different neckline, straps or even fabric, don’t be afraid to ask! We have an additional service that enables brides-to-be to mix and match designs to create a truly bespoke look.
- It’s a good idea to start by choosing a colour theme for your wedding, so that table decorations and flowers – and even your wedding dress, potentially – can be based around that.
To see Ian’s latest collection and read more about all the awards he’s won over the years – including ours – go to ianstuart-bride.com