Whether you want to send off the happy couple with a formal wedding message, or something funny like, “better you than me!”, Personal Creations share their quick and easy step-by-step guide on what to write in a wedding card.
Follow these steps to write a thoughtful wedding card message:
How to Craft Your Wedding Card Message
Step 1: congratulate
- Congratulations, you two
- So excited for you! I’ve been waiting for this moment since you two started dating.
Step 2: wish them well
- May your life together be filled with precious moments.
- You two are perfect for each other. I look forward to watching you continue to grow as a couple.
Check out these fun wedding wishes advice cards to pop on your wedding tables!
Step 3: share a memory
- I remember when you first met! We knew it was a match made in heaven.
- Remember when you used to talk about meeting your prince charming? Now you’ve found him!
Step 4: thank them
- Thank you for inviting us be part of this joyous day.
- I’m so glad I got to witness you two tie the knot!
Step 5: sign off
- Best wishes today and always
- Best of luck!
- Have a great honeymoon
What to write in a wedding card dos and don’ts
Get TOO personal
Be genuine, but don’t write anything you wouldn’t want other to see
Write an essay
Keep it short and sweet, since the happy couple likely have a lot of cards to read!
Make sure to spell check your message and get both names correct
Write a draft
Avoid making unnecessary mistakes or waffling, my writing out drafts of your message for you write in the final wedding card message
Want more wedding information and inspiration? Just hit ‘Like’ on our Wedding Ideas Facebook page, and ‘Follow’ on our @wimagazine Twitter account to join in the conversation.