Create these fab venue decorations with How to Style Your Perfect Wedding. Paper fan garlands are a great way to add impact to your venue decorations without breaking the bank. You can choose any style of paper or pattern to fit your wedding theme, and they make brilliant DIY photobooth backdrops.
What you’ll need
- An assortment of colourful, patterned paper
- Glue stick
- White card
- Patterned string
1. Cut your chosen paper into thin strips about 50cm (20in) long. The height can vary, depending on the size of the fan you want to make.
2. Fold the paper concertina-style until you reach the end. Open out the folded stack to see the desired fan effect.
3. Hold the ends of the folded paper strip and bring them together to make a circle shape. Glue the edges of the two ends together. For extra strength, stick a circular disc of card on the back of the fan in the middle.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make as many fans as you need. Hang a patterned string to hang up all the paper fans against a wall or door. Tape the string to the backs of the fans, and you’re done!
If you loved this, find more tutorials and style inspiration in How to Style Your Perfect Wedding.