Create this pretty country garden centrepiece with the help of How to Style Your Perfect Wedding! This is ideal for a spring or summer wedding and would look beautiful with hyacinths, lilac and freesias for a sweet-scented version…
What you’ll need
- White metal birdcage
- Florist’s scissors
- A square block of floral foam, trimmed to fit into the birdcage
- Berried ivy
- Spray roses in bright pink and variegated pink
How to make it
1. Immerse the floral foam block in water for about three minutes, until no more bubbles rise up and the foam is soaked through and feels heavy. Be careful not to oversoak it! Place the foam into the base of the birdcage. Insert the ivy into the foam, spacing it out evenly.
2. Add in the variegated spray roses – try Scentimental or Candyland roses for a similar look.
3. Inset the bright pink spray roses next.
4. Follow with the asclepia flowers.
5. The cosmos should be inserted into the display last, as it will be very delicate. Look for any obvious gaps in the display and fill them in.
For more step-by-step tutorials and styling advice, don’t forget to pick up your copy of How to Style Your Perfect Wedding!