You want to keep your bridesmaids happy, so choosing the right outfit for them is super important! Keep your best girls happy with these figure-flattering bridesmaid dresses for every shape…
Top tips for an Apple shape
- A deep V-neck will help break up the lines of your torso – avoid high necklines!
- Empire-line gowns that fall from under the bust as well as anything that cinches the waist will look fab
- Draw attention to your arms with chic fluted sleeves
Top tips for an Athletic shape
- Eye-catching details such as ruffles, ruching and bows on the neckline add flattering volume
- Your body shape will look fantastic in glamorous low-backed gowns
- Belted waists will help create the illusion of curves
Top tips for an Hourglass shape
- Enhance your balanced figure with ruching at the waist
- A sweetheart neckline is super-flattering and can help keep your body in proportion
- For a retro day, try a full skirt and belted waist – it’ll look amazing on you!
Top tips for a Pear shape
- Make the most of slender shoulders with a halterneck or off-the-shoulder style gown
- A-line skirts are the most flattering shape on you
- If you’re wearing a cover-up, choose a light colour
For small busts…
Halternecks are a great choice for bridesmaids with smaller busts, whilst anyone with a larger bust should avoid this style – especially girls with broader shoulders! Another good choice for smaller boobs are spaghetti-strap dresses; they’re light, feminine and look gorgeous!
For big busts…
If you have girls that are more generously proportioned on top, a fab choice would be a gown with a scoop neckline – this will flatter their shape beautifully! Make sure that everyone has the right underwear too, so that your chosen bridesmaid dresses hand in the way they are supposed to!
Sweetheart necklines are always a popular choice, both with wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses because they suit all figures, shapes and busts. It gives support and creates the illusion of more up top, if that’s what you want. Off-the-shoulder is another all-rounder, working well for all shapes and sizes!
Strapless dresses work for those with average-sized busts: too small and they’ll look flat chested, too big and they’ll be spilling out everywhere – both very unflattering! When they’re trying on the dresses, make sure you get them to have a walkabout in them to avoid any problems on the big day – hitching up a strapless dress every two minutes probably isn’t the ‘sophisticated’ bridesmaid look you’re after.
Now you know how to get the bridesmaid dresses right, here’s the list of things NOT to say to your best girls…