For anyone thinking of having a wedding abroad, we know just the place for you. We’ve got Elegant Hotels, Barbados to give the ultimate guide to getting married in the Caribbean.
Reasons to get married in Barbados
- How does over 3,000 hours of sunshine per year sound? Better than England, we think! Barbados boasts generally warm and sunny weather all year round, with an average daytime high of 30 degrees.
- Marriage made easy! There is no need for advance notice and no minimum stay requirement. Your ceremony can take place as soon as you obtain your marriage license – woo!
- From the beautiful azure waters of the Caribbean sea to the lush, tropical gardens that abound on this island paradise, you’ll have no limit of amazing wedding venue choices!
- Come for the wedding, stay for the honeymoon; it’s a two in one! Your honeymoon can begin as soon as your say ‘I do’. No flights to catch and no precious holiday days missed by travelling!
Elegant Hotels’ top tips
- Elegant Hotels understand just how important your wedding day is. Because of this they mostly host only one wedding per day to make sure you have the individual attention and privacy you deserve.
- If you’re planning a travel with a group, be sure to take advantage of group perks. Wedding couples who book a minimum of ten rooms receive a free Simply Elegant wedding with Elegant Hotels.
- They offer four distinct wedding packages, all designed to offer a variety of wedding options to suit your style and to help you craft the day of your dream.
- One of the best benefits for couples staying ten nights or more with Elegant Hotels? They receive a Simply Elegant wedding free!
- Weddings in Barbados must take place by sunset. Elegant Hotels plan your ceremony to get as close as possible to that magical hour to enjoy the most stunning West Coast sunsets. It lends the perfect background for beautiful wedding photos.
- When packing your two-piece swimsuits and floppy sun hats, make sure not to pack any camouflage clothing – it’s against the law to wear camouflage clothing and to carry items made out of camouflage material.
- If it’s just the two of you celebrating this special occasion, Elegant Hotels will be ready to celebrate with you. Their wedding coordinators and team members can act as witnesses for your wedding ceremony.
- Based on the location of your wedding, you can Skype your wedding ceremony to family and friends back home so they don’t miss out! How cute is that?!
Pre-wedding preparation tips
When you’ve travelled thousands of miles to paradise, your dress may get wrinkled along the way. Elegant top tip: Simply hand over your dress on your arrival and have it steamed to perfection by the team.
Getting married is no small thing and it’s alright to experience some pre-wedding jitters. Elegant top tip: Book in for pampering spa treatments with a member of the team; it’s guaranteed to calm any nerves.
Avoid a bridal beauty faux pas by booking in a hair and make-up trial. Elegant top tip: Their hotels offer on-site spa and beauty services – they can even schedule the beauty trial in the comfort of your own room!
Sunburnt skin is never a good look, especially on your wedding day. Elegant top tip: To achieve a natural tanned look and luminous glow, use plenty of suncream and choose your swimming costume cut wisely to avoid any unsightly tan lines!
A wedding day hangover is never a good experience, especially if you’re in the wedding party. Elegant top tip: It’s great to have fun the night before the wedding but best to keep the rum punch consumption to a minimum.
A fun, destination wedding themed itinerary is a great way to provide guests with all of the scheduled events and details for the trip and hotel. Elegant top tip: Elegant Hotels’ wedding coordinators can host a group wedding briefing so that everyone is kept in the look, and will (hopefully) leave the bride and groom to relax.
Ideas for wedding parties
Host a group outing
An off-property group excursion is a great way to spend time together pre or post wedding celebrations, and it provides your guests with an opportunity to really explore and experience the destination you’ve travelled to!
Host a cocktail reception
A cocktail reception is a great way to keep your guests entertained while the wedding party has their photos taken.
Create a signature cocktail
A cleverly named cocktail will be a definite highlight of your wedding reception.
Create a playlist
For a touch of traditionalism, a personalised playlist can really make your intimate wedding feel extra special.
Things to do after the wedding
Not only are the team at Elegant Hotels experts on getting married in Barbados, they’re experts on Barbados! Whether you’re looking for an out-of-the-box after-wedding experience, or perhaps something more traditional, here are some of their recommendations:
The beauty of an East Coast sunrise is an experience that is, quite simply, breathtaking. Our team can help you plan a special sunrise picnic on one of Barbados’ most picturesque beaches for a unique spin on a traditionally romantic activity.
Oistins Fish Fry
Ditch the wedding garb and go ‘lime’ with the locals at Oistins Fish Fry, undoubtedly the most popular hangout for locals and tourists alike. Freshly grilled fish and Bajan delicacies, copious amounts of spirits, infectious beats and extremely friendly people make for an all round awesome night out that you won’t forget anytime soon.
Rum shop crawl
Barbados is known as the birthplace of rum, and if not the birthplace, it was definitely perfected there – so enjoy it to the max!
Trash the dress!
Trash the dress – or rock the frock – is trendy, fun and definitely memorable! If you’re having a big wedding party, get everyone involved. Elegant Hotels can even arrange to take a sail on their complimentary west coast water taxi!
Private beach dinner
Romantic candlelit dining on the beach is an intimate and unforgettable way to celebrate post-wedding. What could be better than dining with the sand beneath your toes, the sound of the waves gently crashing on the shore and your very own dedicated waiter providing the epitome of personalised service? It’s the perfect end to a perfect day.
If you’re interested in everything that Elegant Hotels offers couples getting married in the Caribbean (how could you NOT be?!), head to www.eleganthotels.com to find out more now!