Perfect as favours or place names, Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings shows you how to make these fun felt decorations…
What you need
- Coloured felt
- Stuffing (cotton wool balls)
- Contrasting thread or wool
- Card template
- Pin your heart template to your felt (I printed a paper one from my computer) then cut around the template. Be sure to keep the template tight to the felt for a
- Put the two felt hearts together and pin in the centre. It’s now time to start stitching, using a blanket stitch. If you are unsure of this stitch, we’ve got a great video.
- For the stuffing I used unravelled cotton wall balls. Stuff as much or little as you like, the more shape the better the finish.
- Continue to sew the heart, once at the end, tie a knot with the needle and thread. Snip the ends and you have a beautiful felt heart.
If you wish to use the heart for hanging, pull a piece of thread through one of the stitches, or put wire or a small stick in the bottom of the heart and use as a cake topper or in your wedding flowers.
Alternatively scatter loosely on your wedding table for a pretty look.