The countdown to Christmas has officially begun with our 12 Days of Wedding Ideas Competitions. We’re giving away one prize for each day in the 12 Days before before Christmas – here’s what you can win on day eleven.
Peckish wedding guests simply won’t do. Even with a three-course lunch under their belts, quite literally, comes the evening, hunger begins to strike. What better way to feed evening guests than with a piping hot cheese toastie. The Great British classic ‘cheese toastie’ has experienced something of a resurgence, with Wyke Farms’ ‘Tom’s Toasties Kitchen’ reporting record-breaking sales at festivals this year. Wyke Farms, maker of award winning cheddar in the heart of Somerset, reports more requests for ‘toastie fillings’ on their social channels than any other recipe.
We asked the cheddar experts at Wyke Farms and the Master Toastie Makers from Tom’s Toasties to create the ‘Ultimate cheese toastie’ for winter.
Christmas Dinner Toastie
The toastie that brings new life to leftovers…
- Two slices of thick cut bread.
- We suggest saving some – Turkey/Beef, Parsnips, Red Cabbage and a spoonful of cranberry sauce.
- A healthy sprinkle of our 18-month matured Vintage Cheddar.
- Sprinkle your cheddar cheese onto one side of your bread.
- Add your choice of Christmas leftovers and sandwich together.
- Place under your toastie maker/grill for 4/5 minutes or until bread is golden. Turning half way through.
You can also check try out the Mac & Cheese Toastie or the Fig, Bacon and Mature Cheddar Toastie.
We’re giving you the chance to win one of two delicious cheese hampers to make the ultimate cheese toasties at home, with a little help from Wyke Farms.
Wyke Farms has been producing its award-winning cheddar for over a century and has grown to become one of the largest family-owned cheese makers in Britain selling over 15,000 tonnes annually.
Each hamper includes:
1 x 300g Mature Cheddar
1 x 300g Extra Mature Cheddar
1 x 300g Vintage Cheddar
1 x 250g Salted Butter
1 x Unsalted Butter
1 x 320g Spicy Tomato & Caramelised Onion Chutney
1 pack of luxury Cheese Biscuits.
1 x cheese knife
1 x cheese board
Fill out the form below to enter the competition…
- 10 of the Most Romantic On-Screen Proposals
- Wedding Food and Drink Trends for 2020
- Minimoon Review: A Romantic Stay in Zermatt
Want more wedding information and inspiration? Just hit ‘Like’ on our Wedding Ideas Facebook page, and ‘Follow’ on our @wimagazine Twitter account. To join in the conversation, share your stories here.