Add some charm to your garden aisle or décor with these quick-to-make colourful heart sticks by wedding stylist Kirsten Butler from the Little Wedding Helper. These DIY decorations are super easy and quick to make!
What you’ll need
- Coloured or glittery card
- Large heart punch
- Wooden BBQ skewers
- Sharp knife
- Cutting mat
- Slide your chosen card into the heart paper punch, pressing down firmly to punch the hearts out.
- Using a craft knife on a cutting mat, carefully make a split at one end of the skewer approximately 1cm long.
- Slide the heart into the split and add a touch of glue to keep it in place.
- Gather all the finished heart sticks together and store upright in a jar or bottle, ready for decorating.
- At your venue, push the pointed end of the skewer into the ground at various heights to create interest.
For more fabulous DIY tutorials click here!