Cocktails are a very popular addition to any hen party – whether it be a big night out, or a girls’ night in. We’ve rounded up 9 of the best hen party cocktails to suit all palates!
Hen party organisers have a range of options in how to include cocktails in the schedule: you can take a trip to the local supermarket and purchase the ingredients required for several cocktail recipes, research some local cocktail bars, or book a cocktail events company where it’s all done for them (with no foul-tasting mistakes!).
9 Best Hen Party Cocktails
There are thousands of cocktails out there to make and drink, so let’s try and make the decision-making process a little easier by selecting a few of our favourite hen party cocktail recipes that will no doubt impress the whole group…
An absolute favourite on any girls’ night out, the passionfruit martini is a tropical sensation for the senses, with a welcome shot of celebratory prosecco on the side.
50ml Vanilla Vodka / 15ml sugar syrup / 1 passion fruit, halved and pulp scooped out, plus extra ½ to garnish / 20ml pineapple juice / small handful of ice cubes / 25ml prosecco, chilled
- Add the vodka, sugar syrup, passion fruit pulp, pineapple juice and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 secs.
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with the passion fruit half
- Serve with a shot of prosecco on the side
The tartness of the raspberries and the sweetness of the sugar meld perfectly together to make the Raspberry Daiquiri a very pretty and tasty cocktail.
50ml light rum / 25ml lime juice / 2 spoons of caster sugar / 6 raspberries
- Add 5 raspberries and sugar into mixing glass
- Muddle down both ingredients into a paste
- Add the other 2 ingredients and fill the mixing glass with cubed ice
- Shake for 10-15 seconds
- Double strain drink into a coupe glass
- Garnish with a raspberry
For all the coffee lovers, the rich taste of the espresso martini will hit the spot and give a much-needed kick of caffeine to fuel your night full of hen party games and dancing galore.
45ml vodka / 30ml espresso coffee / 20ml coffee liqueur / 3 coffee beans (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker (use ice cubes if you have any to ensure a better froth)
- Shake for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with coffee beans
A classic tipple, this mojito recipe packs a zesty and minty punch and is sure to get the party started on your hen night.
juice of 1 lime / 1 tsp granulated sugar / small handful mint leaves, plus extra sprig to serve / 60ml white rum / soda water, to taste
- Mix the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves in a small jug, crushing the mint as you go – you can use the end of a rolling pin for this.
- Pour into a tall glass and add a handful of ice.
- Pour over the rum, stirring with a long-handled spoon.
- Top up with soda water
- Garnish with mint and serve
Not only is it the simplest of cocktails, the orange and prosecco is a match made in heaven, creating the perfect cocktail for any special occasion, especially a hen party. Other sparkling wines are commonly used in place of prosecco, but prosecco is the most accessible and tasty in our opinion.
100ml prosecco / 40ml orange juice
- Add 40ml of orange juice to a champagne flute
- Top up with prosecco
The French Martini is a fantastic-looking cocktail, which is easy to drink, easy to make and has rapidly become the number one choice for hen parties and other celebrations.
25ml vodka / 25ml Chambord / 75ml pineapple juice / 3 raspberries for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with 3 raspberries
One of the most popular hen party cocktails, for sure! This mix of peach and cranberry flavours means the Woo Woo is all about simplicity and fun.
37.5ml peach schnapps / 37.5ml vodka / 90ml cranberry juice
- Pour all ingredients into a highball glass over ice cubes
- Stir with a bar spoon for 15 seconds and serve
Sex on the Beach
The Sex on the Beach cocktail is a very popular mixed drink, synonymous with summer holidays and fun times. This fruity highball is a tasty mix of vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice.
25ml vodka / 25ml peach schnapps / 40ml orange juice / 20ml cranberry juice / orange slice for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Pour into a highball glass filled with ice
- Garnish with the orange slice
The Cosmopolitan cocktail is a colourful, fruity concoction made with citron vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. Popular with most cocktail-drinking ladies and hence the perfect thing to quench your best girls’ thirst on your hen do!
37.5ml citrus vodka / 12.5ml triple sec / 30ml cranberry juice / 1/2 squeezed lemon / 12.5ml sugar syrup
- Chill coupe glass with soda water
- Add all ingredients to mixing tin with ice
- Shake for 10 to 15 seconds
- Fine strain into the chilled coupe glass
- Add orange peel (or a fruit of your choice) and place in drink as garnish