Cocktails are now a very popular addition to any hen party – whether it be a big night out, or a girls’ night in – with a range of tastes, colours and flavours that will ensure that all palates are catered for!
Hen party organisers now have a range of options in how to include cocktails in the schedule: you can take a trip to the local supermarket and purchase the ingredients required for several cocktail recipes, research some local cocktail bars, or book a cocktail events company where it’s all done for them (with no foul-tasting mistakes!).
Social and Cocktail Events is now Scotland’s premier Cocktail Events company, offering state-of-the-art mobile cocktail bars, cocktail glassware, bartenders trained in cocktail making, plus all the ingredients required to make fantastic cocktails. And they’re now offering bespoke packages for hen parties!
There are literally thousands of cocktails out there to make and drink, so let’s try and make the decision-making process a little easier by selecting a few of our favourite cocktails that will no doubt impress the whole hen party…
The tart of the raspberries and the sweetness of the sugar meld perfectly together to make the Raspberry Daiquiri a very pretty and tasty cocktail.
50ml light rum / 25ml lime juice / 2 spoons of caster sugar / 6 raspberries
- Add 5 raspberries and sugar into mixing glass
- Muddle down both ingredients into a paste
- Add the other 2 ingredients and fill the mixing glass with cubed ice
- Shake for 10-15 seconds
- Double strain drink into a coupe glass
- Garnish with a raspberry
A cocktail which has exploded in popularity in recent years, the almond taste of the amaretto makes the Amaretto Sour a sweet and tart flavour sensation.
50ml Amaretto / 25ml lemon juice / 12.5ml simple syrup / dash egg-white / dash Angostura Bitters / lemon zest
- Add all ingredients into mixing glass
- Dry shake for 5 seconds
- Add cubed ice into shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Fill rocks glass with cubed ice and strain mixture into glass
- Garnish with lemon zest, spreading the oils across the glass
The peach and prosecco is a match made in heaven, creating the perfect cocktail for any special occasion, especially a hen party. Other sparkling wines are commonly used in place of prosecco, though richly flavoured French champagne does not pair well with the light, fruity flavour of the Bellini.
100ml prosecco / 50ml peach purée / 4 dashes Peach Bitters
- Add 4 dashes of peach bitters into chilled champagne flute
- Add peach purée and top up with prosecco
The French Martini is a fantastic-looking cocktail, which is easy to drink, easy to make and has rapidly become the number one choice for hen parties and other celebrations.
25ml vodka / 25ml Chambord / 75ml pineapple juice / 3 raspberries for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with 3 raspberries
One of the most popular hen party cocktails, for sure! This mix of peach and cranberry flavours means the Woo Woo is all about simplicity and fun.
37.5ml peach scnapps / 37.5ml vodka / 90ml cranberry juice
- Pour all ingredients into a highball glass over ice cubes
- Stir with bar spoon for 15 seconds and serve
Sex on the Beach
The Sex on the Beach cocktail is a very popular mixed drink, synonymous with summer holidays and fun times. This fruity highball is a tasty mix of vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice.
25ml vodka / 25ml peach schnapps / 40ml orange juice / 20ml cranberry juice / orange slice for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Pour into a highball glass filled with ice
- Garnish with the orange slice
The Cosmopolitan cocktail is a colourful, fruity concoction made with citron vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. Popular with most cocktail-drinking ladies and hence the perfect thing to quench your best girls’ thirst on your hen do!
37.5ml citrus vodka / 12.5ml triple sec / 30ml cranberry juice / 1/2 squeezed lemon / 12.5ml sugar syrup
- Chill coupe glass with soda water
- Add all ingredients to mixing tin with ice
- Shake for 10 to 15 seconds
- Fine strain into the chilled coupe glass
- Flame an orange peel and place in drink as garnish
To look at booking Social and Cocktail Events, head to www.socialandcocktail.co.uk to find out more!