Planning a sten do? Here’s everything you need to know…
An increasing amount of people are booking ‘sten dos’. Although it might not be for everyone, people are seeing the benefits of throwing a joint hen and stag do party.
We asked hen and stag do specialists Continue reading below…
A sten party can also benefit your family and friends! If you have been together for a long time, chances are you have a large group of mutual friends. A sten do means everyone can stick together and enjoy the evening.
If, on the other hand, your friends have never had the chance to spend a lot of time together, this is the perfect opportunity for everyone to come together and mingle before the big day.
What should you do on a sten do?
Couples usually separate during the day and enjoy different activities, and then meet up for an evening meal, drinks or night out. Or the other way round…
There are plenty of day-time activities you can do – whether you and your party are the adventurous type, the explorer type, or the cheesy-fun type. From paintballing and watersports, to a weekend on the slopes, to a more relaxed craft session, you’re bound to find something that everyone would enjoy.
And for the night-time? Well… the list is almost endless. It could be a wild night out for your sten party to enjoy together, a fancy three-course meal, an evening at a comedy club or the chance to take in a casino. Or if you are a music lover, why not all go to a gig of your favourite band?
Dos and don’ts
- Do it for the right reasons, and not because of trust issues. It should be to double the fun and definitely not just to keep an eye on your partner.
- Do make sure it’s something you both really want. If one of you is pushing the other one, it will only end up in resentment.
- Do ensure that planning is a priority. Joining forces often means a large group, and spontaneity just gos right out the window.
- Do take into consideration the other hens and stags expectations when you make your decision. Will your maid of honour be upset at not being able to make the plans and surprise you? Will your H2B’s friends just want a lads’ night out?
- Don’t get excited too early on with the idea of a joint party. Will you regret not spending that special bonding time with just you and the girls? If you don’t get to see them as much as you used to, it might be the right time to.
- Do make sure it’s fair and balance. You want to avoid any bust ups or arguments so your sten do doesn’t end up like an Eastenders-style drama.
- Do think about the dynamics of the group. Make sure there are no awkward situations between a hen and a stag, and maybe no relationships when they get on a bit too well and slope off early…
Want more wedding information and inspiration? Just hit ‘Like’ on our Wedding Ideas Facebook page, and ‘Follow’ on our @wimagazine Twitter account to join in the conversation.