From the highs of the wedding planning and wedding day itself, to the reality that your big day is over. We’ve got engagement ring specialists, Loyes Diamonds Jewellers to make sure you keep it on the high after the wedding day!
Mistake #1: Not dealing with debt
Newsflash! Money is the number one thing couples fight about. Set up a financial plan to conquer any debt.
Mistake #2: Alienating your friends
Having separate interests is key to a successful marriage, so tag along on your friend’s nights out.
Mistake #3: Neglecting the bedroom
Did you know that over 60% of newlyweds are in a sex rut! Initiate sex, even if you don’t feel like it. If you get in the habit of having it, you’ll start wanting it (and liking it) more.
Mistake #4: Outlawing the in-laws
Did you know that 50% of couples have a problematic relationship with their in-laws. Even if your spouse is bitching about his family, resist the urge to join in. Stay neutral at all times!
Mistake #5: Letting yourself go
Take pride in your appearance and weight even if you’re ‘off the market’ now – you and your partner will feel better for it, trust us!
Mistake #6: Becoming baby-obsessed
The average couple has a child within three years of marriage. Savour the moments and the travel you can do now!
The ‘after the wedding’ to-do list
- Get your dress professionally cleaned and store in a cool, dry place
- Leave helpful reviews about your various wedding suppliers
- If you wish to change to your married name, do them all simultaneously to avoid confusion
- Check your tax situation as a married couple – you may be entitled to tax relief in some situations
- Send thank you notes for wedding gifts – aim for 10 a night!
- Finalise your wedding album and video – if you leave it too long, you may forgo it!
- Discuss finances: should you have a joint bank account?
- Figure out things like joint health insurance plans and discuss changes to life insurance details