Confetti? Simple isn’t it – guests bring it with them to your wedding and throw it when the photographer tells them to. Wrong! There is so much more to confetti…
Until a few years ago, it was usually the guests who brought confetti to a wedding, however with couples wanting to choose their own, now it is the couple that provides it…but with so much choice, how do you choose your confetti? Shropshire Petals discuss their 5 top tips for choosing confetti.
1. Churches and venues prefer natural petal confetti to the paper or synthetic types, as it is 100% biodegradable and eco-friendly. As it is just like blossom falling from a tree, there is no cleaning up required and it isn’t harmful to animals that may pick it up.
2. As there are different types of petal to choose from, Shropshire Petals always recommend the smaller delphinium or wildflower petals for throwing confetti as it is light, which means it will fall delicately to the ground, enabling the photographer to capture the moment perfectly. If there is a specific colour only available in larger petals, add a handful of these to smaller petals to create a beautiful textured mix.
3. If you want to use confetti for decorating your reception tables and venue, larger petals work really well. Scatter them over a crisp white tablecloth for a colour splash on your tables or place them in a circle around your table centrepieces to create a pretty frame.
4. Choosing the right colour mix might sound simple; do you want it to match or contrast your wedding them, or do you want a bold colour pop on your photographs? Think about where you are going to have your confetti moment, is the background light or dark? Choose a confetti mix that will stand out: darker/brighter mixes when in an open area and lighter mixes when against a wall or dark area work really well.
5. Deciding how much confetti to order can be difficult. Shropshire Petals have developed their confetti calculator, which allows you to enter your wedding details including how many guests you are having and what your want your petals for. It will then tell you how much you will need to order. For throwing confetti, normally half of your guests will throw (usually the ladies), which will also give you an idea of how much to order.
Shropshire Petals create a new limited edition natural petal confetti mix each month in line with the season. The October mix of the month is a stunning blend of berry inspired colours featuring Raspberry Fool, Lady Grey and Damson Wine petals. Get two Shropshire Boxes with this pretty mix, complete with 50 confetti cones for only £90.
For more information and to see their full range, visit Shropshire Petals!