If you’re looking for wedding reception songs to get everyone dancing, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ve rounded up the most popular songs played at weddings, with plenty of classic anthems and unique tunes that will have all your guests singing along.
25 Perfect Wedding Reception Songs Guaranteed to Fill the Dancefloor
We all know wedding planning can be extremely stressful, and the wedding reception is the perfect time to enjoy all the hard work and relax with your loved ones. The ceremony is done, the rings are on, and the marriage certificate has been signed. Now, it’s time to party!
25 Best Wedding Reception Songs
Luxury engagement ring retailer Diamonds Factory scraped Spotify to find the top 100 most popular wedding songs to include in your playlists.
To do this, Diamonds Factory analysed over 100 Spotify playlists containing the word ‘wedding’ and found the most featured songs across all playlists. These playlists included 3500 unique songs, and the data scrape also used additional keywords to reveal the top wedding ceremony songs, wedding party songs and top wedding artists, too.
Here are the best wedding reception songs that will keep you on the dance floor for hours:
- We Found Love – Rihanna, Calvin Harris
- Crazy In Love (feat. Jay-Z) – Beyoncé, JAY-Z
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Love On Top – Beyoncé
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
- I Want You Back – The Jackson 5
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Jump Around – House Of Pain
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Shut Up and Dance – WALK THE MOON
- Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris) – Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris
- You Make My Dreams (Come True) – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
- Mambo No. 5 (a Little Bit of…) – Lou Bega
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
- CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! – Justin Timberlake
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
5 of the Best First Dance Songs
First dance songs are traditionally romantic and tend to say something about you as a couple. But remember, they don’t have to be slow like the five popular choices here.
If your wedding ceremony isn’t traditional, then why have a traditional first dance? Go for something faster, choreograph a professional dance – perhaps a tango – or just have a mass dance with your friends.
- At Last – Etta James
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
5 of the Best Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Not every bride has a dance with her father, but we think it’s a tradition that’s worth bringing back! Show your dad just how much he means to you (and that he’s still the number one man in your life!) with a dance at the reception.
- My Girl First – The Temptations
- Father And Daughter – Paul Simon
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- When You Need Me – Bruce Springsteen
- Ain’t That Love – Ray Charles
- 12 Wedding Ceremony Songs: Walking in and Walking out
- Top 40 Classic First Dance Love Songs
- 110 Wedding Entertainment Ideas That Will WOW Your Guests
Want more wedding information and inspiration? Just hit ‘Like’ on our Wedding Ideas Facebook page, and ‘Follow’ on our @wimagazine Twitter account. To join in the conversation, share your stories here.