When it comes to wedding hair accessories, the side tiara is one of our favourites – they add an elegant touch of sparkle to your bridal ‘do, and can make a stunning statement that will look incredible on the day! Not convinced? Just check out these beauties!
If there’s one hair accessory that the designers love this year, it’s the side tiara. Less showy and easier to wear than a standard tiara, but with more sparkle and impact than pins and combs, the side tiara is perfect for complementing your bridal ensemble without overwhelming it.
One of the best things about the side tiara are the number of different styles available. There are designs to suit every hair style and wedding theme, from intricate floral pieces to showstopping Art Deco creations, in sizes ranging from minimal to statement. You can also choose from a range of different materials to truly customise your look, with bands coming in colours like gold and silver decorated with beads, crystals, pearls and lace.
How to wear it
There are no real rules when it comes to side tiaras, but here are a couple of guidelines to help you make the most of your gorgeous piece!
- If you’re wearing a one-shoulder wedding dress or one with asymmetric detailing, wear your tiara on the opposite side to balance out the look
- The same rule applies if you’re wearing your hair in a side bun or chignon – that way you’ll look fabulous in photos no matter the angle
- Don’t think you have to abandon the wedding veil! Small to medium tiaras will look fantastic with a veil, but if you have a larger piece, you may not need the extra decoration
- Generally side tiaras are worn further forward than standard hairbands or combs. If you have a statement tiara, consider bringing it onto your forehead to emphasize your eyes!
- Don’t over-accessorize! Wear studs or small drop earrings to avoid taking the focus away from your tiara
Check out more fabulous Hair Accessories here – why not start with our guide to wedding tiaras or how to match your wedding jewellery to your dress?