A medieval masterpiece has just been sympathetically modernised for contemporary weddings, and it is just over half an hour away from Central London! Check out 10 of the many reasons to choose The Great Barn for your special day.
- It looks amazing after extensive restoration and refurbishment costing nearly £1 million so that it can provide all the amenities a modern bride and groom desire, including a finishing kitchen and purpose built oak bar.
- The timber-framed barn was built to impress. And it’s still got its “wow factor” over 500 years later. Skilled craftsmen created a vaulted structure resembling a cathedral, standing at nearly 48 metres long, 8 metres wide and over 9 metres high, with huge oak trusses holding up the roof.
- The Great Barn stands on a heritage site among a cluster of historic buildings, including Headstone Manor, boasting its own water-filled moat (the only one in Greater London) with a connecting bridge. The half-timbered buildings and unique water feature present the bride and groom with the perfect romantic backdrops for their special memories. The surrounding parkland offers more photo opportunities, but if the British weather is unkind on your big day, the enormous proportions of the Great Barn mean the whole wedding party can take cover inside and have their pictures taken in the warmth and shelter of this impressive venue.
- Weddings can be comfortably and creatively accommodated all year round. For autumn and winter weddings, heating has been installed beneath a beautiful limestone floor and there are even low-level radiant heaters around the room to give the underfloor heating a boost, if necessary. So, despite its Cathedral like proportions and soaring roof, you and your guests will be toasty warm in all weathers. And there is The Granary next door where the bridal party can get ready and not have far to walk in their wedding finery to the main reception. Or if you are planning a Spring wedding, Headstone has its very own Maypole to amuse the children and create a very special photographic opportunity for the bride, groom and entourage. We can even put you in touch with Morris Dancers if you want to really run with the whole May Day theme!
- It was once owned by a King! The 16th century building was once owned by King Henry VIII who was famed for being an experienced bridegroom himself! Now you can play a part in its 500 year history by stepping in the footsteps of historic figures as you walk down the aisle.
- It has its own concealed, free car park for up to 78 cars at the moment, extending to 138 from summer 2016.
- The site’s space is fantastically flexible, holding from 80 to 250+ persons seated. The Great Barn can also be hired with exclusive use of the rear Events Field, should you wish to include outdoor entertainments or activities for your guests, or add a marquee to provide an additional large space for your reception.
- The Great Barn is just 40 minutes from central London yet is surrounded by parkland.
- State of the art lighting has been designed to show off stunning original features and to provide flexible effects to create the perfect atmosphere for evening events.
- The Great Barn is licenced for Civil Ceremonies, but we would welcome any kind of ceremony – from religious blessings to Chinese tea ceremonies.
These are just 10 good reasons. Want to know more? Check out the website for more information or contact the team who would be delighted to answer any questions or send you our brochure detailing all the facilities the venue has to offer.