Ever dreamt of being stranded on a deserted island with nothing but the surf, sand, sun – and the man of your dreams? Well… add to the vision a luxury beach lodge and a team of people eager to meet your every need, and you have this month’s amazing competition!
Located in Mozambique’s Quirimbas Archipelago – a small collection of tropical islands off the far Northern coast – Medjumbe Private Island is just 1 kilometre long. It’s so chilled out, it even has its own time zone – Medjumbe time! True decadence, privacy and pleasure await at this romantic and exclusive
Accommodation consists of just 13 en-suite, palm-thatched chalets, just steps away from the warm Indian Ocean, complete with indoor and outdoor showers, private sun decks, hammocks and plunge pools! Just the thing for honeymoon R&R. The chalets are furnished with sophisticated simplicity and are air-conditioned with ceiling fans to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep in the tropical heat. Medjumbe has a central dining area with decks and patios designed for privacy and barefoot luxury. Lounge around the pool overlooking the translucent ocean, sip cocktails (try the delicious caipirinhas!) in the bar areas, or gaze out at paradise in the lounge area where you can read or play games in peace and quiet. The perfect backdrop of endless white sand and translucent sea mesmerises all who visit, while the untouched marine environment allows for new discoveries and adventure.
This is a diver’s paradise with clear, warm tropical waters and over 12 pristine dive sites to explore – home to a dazzling array of fish, from moray eels and stingrays to barracuda. Dolphins are frequently spotted playing in the surf, humpback whales can be sighted between August and October, and the island is also a favourite spot for turtles. Other activities include fishing, snorkelling, or simply exploring unspoilt beaches. That is, if you can tear yourself away from the hammocks!
The staff at Medjumbe makes sure you’re spoilt with loads of VIP benefits such as a fruit platter and bottle of wine in your room on arrival, a three-course romantic dinner for two (including wine) either on your room patio or on the beach, an authentic sunset cruise, a snorkelling trip and even honeymoon surprise gifts! Medjumbe can also be twinned with a stay on Rani’s nearby Matemo Island Resort, which is just a short flight away. They have even more leisure facilities for those who like to keep busy and active, as well as offering day trips to Ibo Island.
This fabulous prize even includes your flights from Johannesburg to Pemba, all meals and soft drinks, house wine, beer and spirits, and non-motorised activities – so you can do as much or as little as you want on your first newlywed break. What more could you ask for? See raniresorts.com now, and read on to enter this incredible competition…
- Five-night honeymoon at Medjumbe Private Island in Mozambique
- Includes all meals and most drinks including local beers and house wines and spirits
- Includes non-motorised activities/equipment
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Pemba, courtesy of Airlink exc taxes (flyairlink.com)
To enter, simply answer this question…
How long is Medjumbe Private Island (kilometres)?
Unfortunately this competition has now ended. All is not lost though, as we have other great competitions you can enter to win loads of fab wedding-related prizes. You can do that here
The Wedding Ideas Team xx
Terms & Conditions
• This prize is valid until 5th January 2013 and is strictly subject to availability • Prize excludes international flights, visas and taxes • Winners will need to book flights from the UK to Johannesburg as well as return light aircraft transfers from Pemba to Medjumbe on CFA Charters • Turquoise Holidays are happy to provide a quote for this and to extend your stay should you wish • Most drinks are included but specialised and/or premium brand beverages are not included • Motorised activities/equipment and any gratuities are also not included • There is no prize or cash alternative and prize cannot be transferred • Full terms and conditions here.