Kate and William have decided on two royal wedding cakes, but what about you?
To help you make up your mind, we have found these pretty, vintage-inspired designs. When it comes to accessories, look for silk ribbons and vintage brooches – two easy ways to make your cake look like a royal wedding cake.
- A pink and ivory creation with four fabulous tiers decorated with sugar flowers and royal-looking satin ribbon.
- This clever three-tier wedding cake design has delicate lace-like detailing, perfect royal wedding inspiration if you’re having lace in your dress.
- Yellow and pink is a bright and beautiful combination, especially for a summer royal wedding cake.
- The icing here has been made into pretty pearls. Continue this theme in your jewellery and accessories. We love the ivory and pale green scheme too, which will never date in pictures.
- Real flowers are a great choice for a cake topper. They can reflect the blooms you carry in your bouquet and you could even have them pressed afterwards.
- Bows are big news for 2011, as this pretty wedding cake design shows.
- Who says wedding cakes have to be plain? This gorgeous candy striped design links in perfectly with the other colours used throughout the day.
- Having lots of guests? Consider a multi-tiered wedding cake like this, and you’ll have enough left over for the christening, too!