An easy and inexpensive way to create a favour and place card in one, courtesy of Adam from rock my wedding.
What you need
- A single piece of A4 paper – brown
- paper gives more of a vintage feel!
- All you need is a single sheet of A4 paper – you can see here where all your text needs to be positioned. All printing is on one side, which makes life easier!
- Flip the paper over and place a compact disc so that the centre of the hole sits directly over the centre point of the paper’s edge.
- Fold the paper over the disc and crease all the way along. The fit around the disc needs to be snug but not tight enough to cause problems removing it!
- Flip the disc over and in towards the centre of the paper, folding the paper tightly against the disc edge. No more than half of the disc should fit into the slot.
- Fold the other side of the paper over to enclose the disc. Crease the paper and then unfold again. Not much left to do now!
- Fold the corners down so they meet the edge of the folds you made in step 3. Resist the temptation at this point to turn the whole thing into a paper plane!
- Tuck the flap you made in step 6 into the slot and with a little bit of coaxing it should fit in there nicely.
- Stand back and admire your hard work. You may not get the text positioning right first time, but with trial and error you’ll get there.