Using book pages and ribbon, make this cute project from Klaire at Paper me Happy, a vintage way to adorn your place settings with these DIY wedding ideas…
What you need
- Old book
- 50cm ribbon
- 2 x clothes pegs
Instructions – DIY wedding cutlery holders
- Gently rip out two pages from the book for each pouch.
- Taking one page, fold a 3cm flap down from the top of the page, then fold over once more to create a raised edge. Dab glue at either side to stick the raised edge down. Use the pegs to hold while drying – so you don’t have to!
- Cut the ribbon in half. Once the glue is dry, remove pegs and turn over.
- Add glue all around the bottom edge and sides, and then attach to the second page. Put the pages aside and leave until they are completely dry.
- Next dab a small blob of glue in between the top and bottom sides of the raised edge and slide the ribbons into the gap.
- Use the pegs again to secure the ribbon in place until it’s dry.
- Finally, tie the ribbon into a little bow, that goes around the back, then around the front of the pages for a really neat finish. Slip in the cutlery and your vintage diy wedding cutlery holder is done!